National Agriculture Week is upon us (March 13-19)! This is a great time to celebrate those who work hard to produce our food, fiber, and fuel products. Ag Day (Tuesday, March 15th, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blog) is an event hosted by the Agriculture Council of America to promote this week and celebrate the contribution of agriculture in our everyday lives. The Ag Day program encourages American consumers to do 3 things:
- Understand how food and fiber products are produced.
- Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
Farmers and Ranchers are working hard to share their stories through word of mouth, by hosting local events, and using the tools of Social Media to reach consumers outside their immediate area.
Ag Day also marks one year for my original post sharing why I am Proud to be a Rancher. Who knew that one post would lead to all of the Agvocacy work I do today. And that would not have happened without the many responses I received from my readers, and for that I thank you.
As a challenge to you this week, I want you to share why you are Proud to be a part of Agriculture with someone else. My friends at AGCO (Facebook, Twitter, Blog, YouTube) have helped me out and I have several giveaways for those that participate. Here’s how you enter:
- Write a blog post sharing why you are proud to be a part of agriculture. Don’t feel like you are a part of production Agriculture? Share why you are Thankful for those who are. Don’t have a blog? Email your post to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to enter.
- Write a letter to the editor of a magazine, local newspaper, or media outlet informing them about your work in/with Agriculture. (More on this with a template to follow later in the week)
- Share the link or tell me about your participation in the comment section on this post to enter the giveaway. Multiple winners will be chosen at random. Entries due by Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:59 pm
Can’t wait to see what ya’ll can come up with!
Be sure to invite everyone you know to the NEW I am Agriculture Proud Facebook Page for updates and conversation about how we can share with others why we are Proud to be a part of Agriculture.