Education. Networking. Opportunity. Fun. That’s how the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) describes their 114th annual convention as it comes to Music City Nashville February 1-4. I know it’s still 3 weeks away, but I can’t hold it to myself. I’ll be going and it’ll be my first large industry convention to attend. (Oh and I get to sleep in my own bed because it’s just that close!)
The convention will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and host a full schedule, a Cattlemen’s College, entertainment, good food, and a fun trade show.
Here’s a few of the reasons NCBA gives on why you should attend:
- You have a stake in the future of this industry.
- It is one of the best investments you can make in your operation!
- To have your voice heard in the decisions that will shape your industry.
- To discover new products and services at the NCBA Trade Show.
- Convention is the place to form new business relationships by providing the networking opportunities for fellow producers.
- To help establish checkoff and policy priorities for the coming year.
- Bring the entire family and participate in the new NCBA youth activities!
- Take a well-deserved vacation.
Now don’t be worried that you’re going to be left out if you can’t attend. The Brangus and Angus folks and NCBA Young Producers Council are teaming up to host 2 different tweetups during the conference. (For those twitter-illiterate, a “tweetup” is an organized or impromptu gathering of people who use Twitter.) We’ll be using the hashtag #NCBA12 prior to and during the convention.
Wednesday, February 1, at 6:00 pm, join ag and beef tweeps at the American Angus Association booth (#1061) for discussions about some challenges and innovative ideas related to social media. Gather again at the GoBrangus booth (#1637) Friday, February 3, at 3:00 pm, to discuss solutions to those challenges we all face and how we can apply what we learned from the Cattlemen’s College and seminars. — via IBBA
To makes things a little easier, I’m compiling a twitter list of attendees so you can follow your favorite “beef-tweeps” with only one click. Here’s my list. Follow it. If you’ll be at the convention, be sure to send me a mention (@AR_ranchhand) and I’ll add you to the list.