There is a huge selection of podcasts on a wide array of topics and everyone has a different application for listening to these segments. However, the selection is relatively limited of podcasts for the farming, ranching and agriculture fields. Most of the available agriculture podcasts are from farm news broadcasters.
You can listen to podcasts on a number of mobile apps. On most services, you can either search by podcast title or upload the show’s RSS feed to your library. The feed will refresh and alert you of new shows on your favorite channels. My favorite audiobook application is Audible by Amazon.
My favorite audio player is Podcast Addict, which works on all of my devices and allows me to search or upload podcast feeds from a number of resources. The ease of use and ability to control playback speed is especially useful. I often download the podcast files and am able to listen to several shows, even without cell service. The app can be downloaded in the Apple or Google Play stores for free.
My favorite podcasts include a broad swath of topics that include agriculture news, ag education, men’s health or trail and ultra running. Below are the Top 12 agriculture podcasts found on my playlists. If you have others, be sure to share a link in the comments below.
- AgriTalk – Mike Adams
- Zimmcast – Chuck and Cindy Zimmerman
- Beef Today – AgWeb (Audio RSS)
- BeefWatch Podcast – The University of Nebraska Beef Cattle Extension
- Blogriculture – Capital Ag Press (SoundCloud)
- Consumer Ag Connection – Pam Fretwell (Audio RSS)
- Farm and Ranch Country – Bill Graff, Illinois (does a daily Periscope)
- Food and Farm Radio – Ray Bowman, Kentucky
- My Farm Radio – Farm Journal (app that hosts a number of news and talk shows)
- Off Farm Income – Matt Brechwald from Kuna, Idaho
- Oklahoma Farm Report – Ron Hays, Oklahoma
- Real Agriculture – Canadian Agriculture News
Let’s hope other agriculture broadcasters will make their shows available via RSS feeds in 2016. It’s been tough to find individuals in the agriculture community sharing their thoughts via audio, something I hope to contribute to in the future.
Do you listen to podcasts? What are your favorite show topics? Chime in using the comments section below.
If you haven’t already, sign up for my weekly newsletter for a recap of the week’s headlines, latest posts and a look at my travels. Click here to sign up.
Check out my Agriculture Proud podcast here!